Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You always remember your first

Well hello, blogoshpere! You have the pleasure(debatable) to be reading my very first blog!

This will be just a quick hello/intro, really.

I recently decided to start blogging, despite my initial hesitations, for a number of reasons:

1) I used to write. Correction: I used to write A LOT. Mostly "prose-y poetry", and the majority of it was drippy and sad. Seeing as it was the late, great, Charles Bukowski whom inspired me to begin writing, I don't see how the dark tones could have been avoided.
2) It has been a few years since I have written anything, and one day I hope to explain the reasons for my reluctance to pick it up again.
3) I have been feeling a bit antsy lately and feel it is time to explore a creative outlet.
4) I'm too lazy to hand-write said desired "outlet", and anyway I type way better (thanks JC for spellcheck).

If you Internet friends would like to read my blog, you are more than welcome. Please take into consideration before commenting that I respond better to constructive, and non-aggressive criticism. Also, please know that I (almost compulsively)over-punctuate with hyphens, exclamation marks, side-thoughts in parenthesis, and ellipsis. So please if, as a reader, these things bug you...exit stage-left. :-)

I hope to be sharing more soon!

C.A.T.

1 comment: