Wednesday, March 24, 2010

You don't know what you have til it's gone

My best friend is 100 X's more courageous than I, because she has this annoying habit of moving either across the country form me, or to another hemisphere altogether. This girl is so special. I swear if she had a penis, we would already be married and on our way towards a lifetime of bliss by now.

Most of my thoughts of her are split between overwhelming pride for her and crippling sadness because she is not here. The sadness usually manifests itself into a mini-depression because realistically, she will probably never live here again.

So what should one do in this situation?

I am so proud of her that there are no words to truly express it. I admire her for her strength and aspire to one day have a fraction of her balls. And simultaneously I am stuck in this perpetual "break-up" phase. It's like the movie, Groundhog Day, and every day I wake up to realize that my hetero-soul mate has moved away and is never returning.

We still keep in touch. It's not like she has just dropped off of the planet. But our lives have conflicting schedules, not to mention the 28 hour time-difference. But it is difficult.

I guess I should feel lucky to even have the privilege of knowing such an amazing creature, and quit my whining.

C.A.T.

1 comment: